Tuesday, July 2, 2013

INDIE-pendence Day!!!



It's INDIE-pendence day! Hosted by the fabulous Indelible Writers, Independence Day is a celebration of all Indie books! Here's a little more from Ali Cross's blog post:

This INDIE-pendence day, The Indelibles would like to celebrate indie authors (self-published and small-press) by holding up examples of outstanding indie works. We believe that amazing works of fiction can be found in indie novels. By highlighting and bringing greater awareness to quality indie books, people will find great books to read, indie authors get support, and we continue to change hearts and minds about the gems that can be found among self-published and small-press novels.

So, for my INDIE-pendence day pick, I've chosen Wolf's Paradox, by Margaret Taylor.


I met Margaret through mutual friends. She's funny, kind, genuine, and she has a slew of books coming out in the next two years. Seriously! A SLEW!!! As soon as I read the summary for Wolf's Paradox, I knew I wanted to read the book. I have it waiting on my Nook as incentive to meet my current deadline. :)


Check it out for yourself! Here's the summary!

Kathy Granite is not your ordinary writer. She's a Weaver - a spinner of great tales and has the ability to write or rewrite the history of a world. Only one problem, she doesn't know it. She's spent the last six years telling the stories of people dragged to Earth from a variety of places by her Layren Protector, Ronon Wulfdrak.

Ronon has spent that same time keeping Kathy in the dark and only brought her people who simply want their story told. He's carefully chosen who would appear and even though she's become quite the sensation in our world, she's clueless as to her effect on any others. Ronon aims to keep it that way and hopes she's safely hidden from his own people. For, if anyone finds out what she really is, they will tear her apart to get at her power.


You can find Margaret here!

And you can find Wolf's Paradox on the links below!

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Happy INDIE-pendence day!!!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! A weaver... That sounds very cool! Great choice, Angela! Happy 4th~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LTM! I think it sounds awesome too! Have a great 4th of July!

      Delete
    2. Why, Ms. LTM, thank you, thank you very much. It was a lot of fun to write and I just <3 Ms. Angela for choosing it!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome sounding plot! I need to know more. Thanks for the heads up.
    Gwynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Gwynn! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ms. Gwynn! It was, interesting to come up with. And a lot of fun too!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that sounds like a very interesting book! Reminds me of The Neverending Story. (Okay, and now that theme song is playing in my head. LOVE that movie.) Nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Me too! Now I want to watch the movie! I had the biggest crush on Atreyu. I hope you enjoy the book, J.R.!

      Delete
    2. Hi J.R. Thank you for the compliment and comparison. I too love The Neverending Story. It was/is one of my favorite movies, but there's much more to the Layren's and Weavers than just *one* world...

      Opps, a bit of a spoiler alert there...*grins*

      Delete
  4. The cover is very dark and sexy. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Karen! I love the purple, and the cover model is a nice bonus. :)

      Delete
    2. Ain't he though? I have to thank Carey Abbott, my lovely cover designer, http://ebookcoverdesignsbycarey.com/ She found him for me and she's an absolute peach to work with! If you're in the market for an awesomely sexy cover, from an awesomely wonderful designer, I highly recommend her!

      Delete
  5. Sounds great, I really like the cover.
    magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete