Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tempting Sydney Release Day! And Excerpt!



A few months ago, my gallbladder tried to kill me. Seriously, it really did. I'd been having gallbladder attacks periodically over the course of 2 years and had no idea what they were. My primary care doctor thought it was acid reflux because I described the pain as bearable...apparently that's NOT a common gallbladder attack description. By the time I finally agreed to go to the ER, I'd lost 15 pounds in 14 days, and was so dehydrated, they couldn't even find a vein to start an IV. I heard my husband whisper to the nurse and ask if it was possible that I was vampire because they kept poking me and I wasn't bleeding. No lie. As I was sitting in the hospital bed, turning Simpson character yellow and getting ready to be wheeled into surgery, all I could think about was that I didn't have time for this. I was already behind on my deadlines! Luckily, the doctor saw reason (I suspect my husband offered a bribe), and agreed to let me go home in 2 days instead of 6 so I could get back to work. 

So, it's a bit later than I originally planned, but Tempting Sydney is live, and ready for you to read! I'm so excited to have you get to know Jax and Sydney! They're two of my very favorite characters, and I can't wait for you to get more of their story, and Brynn and Courtney's stories in books 2 and 3 of the Tempting Series!

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me and my books! I can't express my appreciation enough, and would give you all hugs and cupcakes if I could!

To celebrate Tempting Sydney's release, I'm posting an excerpt from one of my favorite scenes below! 

And don't forget to read the BONUS scene from Jax's perspective at the end of Tempting Sydney!

*Just one note. The heat level of this book is much higher than my other books. So, that's the reason for the 18+ warning in the book summary.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Kobo

Tempting Sydney Summary

“Someone needs to make you come completely undone, Sydney Parker.” His tongue moved slowly over his lips. “That someone is going to be me.”

Goal-oriented Sydney Parker has never had a problem focusing. She’s about to start law school, the first step on her way to the Supreme Court. With no time for relationships, she lives vicariously through her best friend Brynn, who has recently decided to use sex as a research tool. Sydney, however, hasn’t been laid in years. Men are a distraction, one Sydney has diligently avoided…until Jackson West crashes into her life, and under her hood.

The last thing Sydney needs is a hot mechanic working on her ‘69 Camaro. Especially a hot mechanic with eyes like the ocean and lick-me abs, who claims to be better in bed than a werewolf.

Jax thinks that’s exactly what Sydney needs.

But Sydney has goals, and a relationship with the enigmatic Jax would challenge her.

Distract her.

Tempt her.

Sydney is about to find out that temptation is very hard to resist.

Due to mature content, this New Adult novel is recommended for readers over 18.

Tempting Sydney Excerpt


I glanced at my bag full of textbooks and assignments. I thought about starting them, but I knew the tire wouldn’t take long, and I didn’t want to get interrupted in the middle of my work. I pulled a paranormal romance novel from my bag instead. Romance novels were my guilty pleasure. I feared no real man would ever be able to live up to them. I’d left off at a particularly rapturous scene, and was eager to get back into the story. I started reading, going through pages, and chocolate, like the world was about to run out of words and sugar. Completely enthralled with the story, and oblivious to everything else, I jumped out of my skin when I heard, “You’re a fast reader. With all the thrusting going on there, I’d think you’d want to savor it a bit and not rush through.”

I jumped, dropping the last of my chocolate on the ground. Luckily, my water had a cap, or there’d have been an even bigger mess to clean up. I glared up at Jax, annoyed about my lost chocolate, though it was hard to stay mad when he looked even more delicious than the candy. His jeans sat low on his waist, his red work shirt straining over his chest and arms. I wanted to lick him. I marked my place in the book and folded it shut. “I took a speed reading class.” I refused to be embarrassed by the fact he’d just seen me reading something much more than R-rated. “How long were you standing there, anyway?” I asked casually.

“Long enough for him to change from werewolf to human, rip off her clothes, and impale her with his massive member.”

I pursed my lips as my cheeks heated. He’d been there awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment