Monday, January 18, 2010

Honest Scrap Blog Award

The lovely Kristin Rae was nice enough to give me my first blog award! As part of accepting the Honest Scrap Award, I'm supposed to post 10 things about myself. So, here are some things you might not know about me. 1. I've been a vegetarian since I was 5. My parents weren't thrilled about my choice and tried to change my mind, but I was a stubborn little kid. 2. I seem to meet famous people at restaurants. Ben Affleck at Hard Rock in Salt Lake City, Michael Jordan at Ghidotti's in Park City. 3. I plan on getting a tattoo for my 80th birthday. 4. Since childhood, I've been terrified of the TV show Dr. Who because of an evil red-eyed monster I saw on the show. To this day if I hear the theme music, I still get chills and cover my ears. 5. I'm a germ freak. I always carry anti-bacterial spray and clorox wipes. 6. In high school, I spent a good deal of time in fields hunting for the hubcaps that had flown off my 1966 Mustang and taken little adventures on their own. 7. I'm terrified of spiders but I can't kill them. Instead I just trap them under a cup. If my husband sees an upside down cup on the floor, he knows there is a spider waiting and he should dispose of it. 8. The first concert I ever went to was Neil Diamond when I was 11 years old. It took me 8 years of dating my husband before I could admit to him that I'm a Neil fan. 9. Much to my dad's chagrin and wonder at where he went wrong, I am a liberal democrat...one of the few in Utah. 10. My husband has started a numbering system for my fictional boyfriends. Ranger Manoso, Peeta, Jace, and Patch. *sigh*

6 comments:

  1. I love these type of post. So revealing. And why do I think there is a lot more behind about #6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to learn more about you! I love that you trap spiders for you husband to take care of. I do the same with roaches. They are so nasty, I just can't do it myself. I'm a Neil Diamond fan, too, and my friends think I'm ridiculous! I was able to see him about a year ago...he's still got it!

    I see that you're team Peeta...I thought I might be, too, but when faced with a team button to choose for my blog, well, I chose team Gale. I know team Peeta will win, but, I just feel so bad for Gale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DL-My Mustang had hubcaps that were meant for a '68 Mustang instead of a '66. They would come off every time I took a corner too fast...which happened a lot. Sometimes the farmers were nice enough to pick up the hubcap and hang it on a fence for me, other times I had to hunt for them. :) Asking a friend to go hubcap hunting is a good way to find out how good of a friend they really are.

    Kristin-OMG! Roaches! I would die! It's good we have people kind enough to dispose of them for us. I'm so glad I'm not the only Neil fan! And yes, I love Peeta...but I have this horrible feeling that Suzanne Collins will kill Peeta off or do something so Katniss ends up with Gale just because everyone is expecting her to end up with Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! Love you blog--in fact, I've given you the Happy Award over at my blog. Swing by to pick it up. Courtney Reese Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Courtney!!! And I saw you're on Twitter too so I followed you there.

    Jess...I'm not sure??? Maybe I'll get rip-roaring drunk and see what I end up with. The possibilities are endless with that one. I imagine at 80 I'll be a lot more willing to do the crazy stupid things I was too cautious to do at 18. :) At 80, a black gothic script tattoo of the name Ranger Manoso might not seem like a bad idea. :)

    ReplyDelete